Sunday, December 7, 2008

Zookinorkiness

Zookinorkiness (ZOO-key-NOR-key-neSS)....I like my new word. You say someone is acting with zookinorkiness when they are acting dumb, big headed, arrogant, and/or just plain jerkyness. OR it could mean someone is just being silly, but if you've never heard the word before then you might have to explain what you mean by it. Or you could make your own meaning and just call the person a zookinorkier.

Ok, so to get to the REAL reason I'm posting. I wanted to post some of the verses of songs that I'm listening to to help me get through this season.


"She won't make a sound
Alone in this fight with herself and the fears whispering if she stands she'll fall down
She wants to be found
The only way out is through everything she's running from wants to give up and lie down."
(SuperChic[k])


Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run
To where will you run
(Tenth Avenue North)


I've been telling my dreams to the scarecrow
About the places that I'd like to see
I say, "friend do you think I'll ever get there?"
Oh, but he just stands there smilin' back at me
So I confessed my sins to the preacher
About the love I've been prayin' to find
Is there a brown-eyed boy in my future, yeah
And he says, "girl, you've got nothin' but time."
(Sarah Evans)


You're not alone
Together we stand
I'll be by your side
You know I'll take your hand

When it gets cold
And it feels like the end
There's no place to go
You know I won't give in
No I won't give in
(Avril Lavigne)

So those are some of the lyrics that I've been relating to...among others.

2 comments:

Reese said...

That's very nice...

Reese said...

NOT sarcastic.
I like zookinorkiness.