Thursday, May 15, 2008

Hazzah!!

New blogs is fun! This is kinda like my new phase blog, cause I'm coming out of one phase in my life and moving forward to something bigger and better! I'm going to an orientation for the Gateway to College thing at PCC today, and hopefully ( Lord willing) I get in. If I do get in I'll get double credits, that is, I'll get high school credits AND college credits. :D
My teacher asked me to write a column in our class newspaper, and she's putting a poem that I wrote in the newspaper too. So I'm kind of getting a teeny tiny taste of journalism at school. Speaking of school, I only have one more GED test (that I'll be taking next Wednesday) and then I will have graduated the ABE/GED program that I'm in.
I'm really learning a lot in school...what a concept! I'm also really excited about what the future holds for me. But I am a little apprehensive too, I mean going straight from home school to college is a big leap. It can be done...and I know that its going to be difficult sometimes and I just need to buckle down no matter how much I feel like doing something else. I need to set my priorities, make a schedule, and then follow it.
But I can't help but wonder........Am I biting off more than I can chew???

3 comments:

WallaWallaDay said...

you got a new blog!? And never even posted a comment on mine!

*offended scoff*

I can't belive you!

WallaWallaDay said...

Oh, and you'll do great at school :D

Just stick to it. It'll be great! You're a Hilman. Hilmans are very intelligent and learn quickly.

Lyssa said...

booga booga booga!